The Trout Gallery (Dickinson College)
Artstor has collaborated with The Trout Gallery, the art museum at Dickinson College, to share more than 8,000 images of works in its permanent collection in the Digital Library.
Located in the Emil R. Weiss Center for the Arts, the museum houses the college's collection of art and anthropological artifacts, which spans ancient through contemporary periods. The collection comprises thousands of objects, with particular strengths in American and European prints from the 19th through 20th centuries, as well as photography, West African sculpture, Asian art, and Native American and Oceanic objects.
The Trout Gallery was founded in 1983 by sisters Ruth A. Trout (class of 1936) and Helen E. Trout, in honor of their parents, Mr. and Mrs. Brook Trout. It serves the Dickinson College and central-Pennsylvania community through the collection, preservation, display, and interpretation of works from its permanent collection, in conjunction with temporary exhibitions from lending institutions.
|Total size of collection*||8,156|
|Percentage of completion||100%|
* Image totals should be regarded as an approximation until a given collection is 100% complete. Users should also bear in mind that the number of images available to them may vary from country to country, reflecting ARTstor’s approach to addressing an international copyright landscape that itself varies from country to country.
Last updated: December 16, 2012