About ARTstor Digital Library
|In English | (Traditional) | (Simplified)|
|En français | Auf Deutsch | In Italiano ||
|| Em Português | En español | Türkçe karşılığı|
The ARTstor Digital Library is a nonprofit resource that provides over 1.5 million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and sciences with an accessible suite of software tools for teaching and research. Our community-built collections comprise contributions from outstanding international museums, photographers, libraries, scholars, photo archives, and artists and artists' estates.
The Digital Library serves educators, scholars, curators, librarians, and students at more than 1,400+ universities, community colleges, museums, libraries, and K-12 schools in 46 countries worldwide. Collections are used for teaching and study in a wide range of subject areas, including art, architecture, music, religion, anthropology, literature, world history, American Studies, Asian Studies, Classical Studies, Medieval Studies, Renaissance Studies, and more.
The ARTstor Digital Library is available by subscription to nonprofit organizations, and fees help sustain the ongoing maintenance and development of the collections and software. Institutions typically enter a site-wide license through their library and access is granted through IP authentication. Site licenses allow unlimited numbers of simultaneous users to access the Digital Library, both onsite and remotely In addition, our dedicated support team and online training program are available to address all questions.
What can you do in the ARTstor Digital Library?
- Keyword search
- Advanced search
- Browse by collection, classification, or geography
- Sort search results by date, creator, or title
- Narrow search results by geography, date range or classification
- View images and image data
- Zoom in on and pan images
- Print and save images and related data to other hardware (e.g. CD, memory stick, hard drive)
- Organize images into groups
- Upload and manage personal images and sound files in ARTstor
- Save and share images, image details, and image groups
- Batch download images (up to 100 at one time)
- Download images to PowerPoint, KeyNote, and ARTstor's Offline Image Viewer (OIV)
- Export citations for images or image groups into EndNote, ProCite, RefWorks, Reference Manager, or a text file
For more information, see Using ARTstor Key features.
Torres Strait Islander people; Mask; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; ARTstor ID# AMICO_METRO_103825482