Becoming a Subscriber: Public Libraries
There are four levels of public library classification: Large, Medium, Small, and Very Small. Artstor uses the following information to determine a public library's classification:
- Population served (the total population of the area served by the library, according to most recent statistics);
- Library materials budget (the budget for library acquisitions);
- Periodicals (the number of active serial subscriptions).
Please contact Library Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine your public library's classification.
(US) View the entire Artstor Digital Library License Agreement in PDF format. You may then print or save the document.
(Outside US) View the entire Artstor Digital Library License Agreement in PDF format. You may print or save the document.
Once the agreement is signed, please send 2 original copies to the address below (one Artstor countersigned copy will be returned to you). If you wish to accelerate the process, please also scan/email or fax us a copy of the agreement.
- Library Relations, Artstor
151 East 61st Street
New York, NY 10065
Highlights of Artstor's Digital Library License Agreement
- Authorized users: Consistent with other electronic resources licensed by libraries, authorized users includes not only students, faculty, and staff, but also anyone physically present in the library or other facilities of your institution.
- Site license: Authorization is generally controlled by IP address authentication.
- Terms and Conditions of Use: A broad range of educational and scholarly uses are allowed, such as classroom uses, scholarly presentations, study guides, and course reserves, provided that these uses are noncommercial in nature.
- Sharing with other authorized users: Authorized users are permitted to share content from the Artstor Digital Library with other authorized users, provided that such content is not in an unrestricted form (such as on an open website or incorporated into another work that is made available without restriction).