Becoming a Subscriber: Museums
We have established five levels of museum classification: Very Large, Large, Medium, Small, and Very Small. These levels are based on the number of the full-time staff employed at your independent museum. Note: Campus museums are classified as part of their affiliated college or university; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
View the entire ARTstor Digital Library License Agreement in PDF format (109 KB). You may print or save the document.
If you are a Museum outside the United States, please use the International License Agreement (PDF, 119 KB).
Once the agreement is signed, please send 2 original copies to the address below (one ARTstor countersigned copy will be returned to you). If you wish to accelerate the process, please also scan/email or fax us a copy of the agreement.
- Library Relations, ARTstor
151 East 61st Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel: +1.866.248.2691 (Toll-free, USA only)
Highlights of ARTstor's Digital Library License Agreement
- Authorized users: Consistent with other electronic resources licensed by libraries, authorized users includes not only students, faculty, and staff, but also anyone physically present in the library or other facilities of your institution.
- Site license: Access is not limited to the library building. Authorization is generally controlled by IP address authentication.
- Remote access: Authorized users can access the resource off-campus in dorm rooms, faculty offices or similar locations, provided that they utilize a proxy server or other point of access to their IP address.
- Terms and Conditions of Use: A broad range of educational and scholarly uses are allowed, such as classroom uses, scholarly presentations, study guides, and course reserves, provided that these uses are noncommercial in nature.
- Sharing with other authorized users: Authorized users are permitted to share content from the ARTstor Digital Library with other authorized users, provided that such content is not in an unrestricted form (such as on an open website or incorporated into another work that is made available without restriction).