Design Intern – Marketing & Communications
As our Design Intern, you will report to the Senior Visual Design and work side-by-side with professionals, participate in real-world assignments, and present work internally on real projects.
The ITHAKA Marketing & Communications team is responsible for creating meaningful experiences for users of ITHAKA services, and growing that user base through innovative campaigns, communications across channels, and new products and services. The team comprises individuals who are passionate about design, research, marketing, and technology, who believe that collaboration, communication, and a healthy dose of fun are the tenets of success.
This is a paid internship based in New York City that runs January through June 2017.
See examples of the design team’s work at vimeo.com/126645824
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
- Collaborate, brainstorm and problem solve
- Design campaigns, marketing materials, presentations and websites.
- Shoot and edit video
- Create signage and other mockups.
Skills, Experience, and Characteristics
- You are pursuing a BA/BFA/MFA in graphic or digital design.
- You are experienced in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) Microsoft Word & PowerPoint and Sketch.
- You have an understanding of web standards and responsive web design, and a respect for user experience design.
- You have experience working across mediums: image and video production.
- You have a creative spirit.
- You understand the value of aesthetic restraint and simplicity.
- You manage the balance of form and function in your designs.
- You collaborate well with teams, but possess the initiative and professionalism to work independently.
- You welcome honest, candid feedback.
- You recognize that true communication is equal parts listening and talking.
Work for us
Come join our team of talented and dedicated people with great ideas who want to make the world a smarter place.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
ITHAKA is an equal opportunity employer.